Navigation

5 Things That Made a Difference to Ashlina

 3.10.2011

This week's blogger participating in the series "5 Things That Made a Difference" is Ashlina of the The Decorista. Ashlina is an interior designer and editorial contributor with such a fun design sense. On her blog you're always sure to find tons of glamorous, colorful, feminine, swoon-worthy design inspiration. I had the chance to spend time with Ashlina in LA prior to her recent move to NYC, and she's as sweet and fabulous as you'd imagine her to be. Read on to find out what five things have positively influenced her life:
ashlina-thedecorista
ashlina-5things2
1. Making the move to NYC has been such a huge inspiration for me and my life. I have a renewed vision for the things I want to accomplish creatively. The energy here keeps me motivated and excited to pursue my dreams.

2. My old journals...when I read journals that I wrote from the past few years of my life, I see that most of the things that I have written down I have accomplished. I am a firm believer in lists and recording thoughts on paper for future generations. Putting my dreams in journals and writing all of my dreams has been so important in my life. I love reading them.

3. "Do what you love and do it often"...I love motivating and inspirational words, they encourage me to follow my heart. They quiet the inner critic and rational person in my mind. This one makes me smile everytime I read it, so I have it taped to a mirror in my hallway.

4. Starting my own business, and growing it...hands down the best thing I could ever have done for myself. I encourage anyone who wants to do it, to just go out and do it. It will be life changing!

5. Inspiring conversations with inspiring women...the best relationships I have are with the women that I admire the most. (my mentor = Jaime Rummerfield. She is the best for encouragement and fun bonding!

7 comments:

Niki McNeill March 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

Ashlina is awesome - I don't know HOW she is able to create so many great blog posts all the time but she does it fabulously! So excited to see what NYC brings for her :)

VictoriaArt March 10, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

I guess we have a lot in common, but perhaps this is the artistic spirit!
And the idea to be inspired by others!
Great introduction!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. March 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM  

what a wonderful quote! love this intro! xoxo jcd:: cornflake dreams

Marcus Design March 10, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

Ashlina is such a wonderful person! I have so appreciated all the support she has given to me in this world of blogging. I only wish we lived closer! This girl is an inspiration for sure!!
Nancy xox

ashlina {the decorista} March 10, 2011 at 8:19 PM  

Ariana! this is such a beautifully done series. thank you so much for having me!!!!!! xoxox
hope to see you when i come back to LA

Ani March 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! i am your newest follower... visit my page and follow me at http://aadreamsblog.blogspot.com/

xoxo,
ani

Jen of MadeByGirl March 21, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

ashlina is such a nice person too....very important. :))))))

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you! :)

Note: Comments that are written with the intent to advertise, contain profanity, or general spam will not be published.